Sunday, March 13, 2011

What is this blog anyway?

I am one of those people who are always thinking.  I don’t mean to say I have a lot of good ideas; more like my brain doesn’t turn off.  Sometimes people call me a “thinker” which I am not sure is good or bad.  One thing is for sure though; I have an opinion and view on pretty much everything.

For years people have told me I needed to start a blog.  But really, I didn’t feel I had anything to say that hadn’t been said before.  My political views are fairly moderate (OK maybe leaning slightly to the left), I am a faithful person (which I am sure will come out over time on this blog), I respect other’s opinions (even when they are wrong J) and without being prideful or bragging I am a pretty smart person, like I said, a thinker.

So what am I going to do with this blog?  I decided to put some of these thoughts running around in my head out to the rest of the world.  Maybe what I have to say will help others be “thinkers” like me, or at least give people something to laugh about and be grateful they aren’t me.  Tuesdays will now be labeled “Thinkday.”  I will post my thoughts on something that caught my interest over the previous week.  Please feel free to make suggestions on what I should think about, and post, next.  I might even put up a poll or two to help me decide.  I am by no means a blog expert (yet), so feel free to make suggestions that you feel will be beneficial to the site. 

This blog is meant to be an open forum for people to discuss any range of topics in a mature and adult fashion. That being said, I will not discuss items of a sexually explicit or violent nature. I kindly ask that language be kept civil in all comments. This includes no personal attacks, bullying, or serious profanity. These are the only instances where I will remove comments, and block/ban users from posting.  Since this is my blog I can do that…isn’t censorship great.

Anyway, that’s a little about me. And that’s what I’m thinking about.

2 comments:

  1. i guess i'll be the first to comment on your blog! you are now officially on my "fam damily" list of blogs that i read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lord. Now you have a digital soapbox from which to remind us how bright you are. :) I can't wait to tune in on Wednesday ( now called what tim thunkday) to hear what my exceptionally great and brilliant brother has to say!

    ReplyDelete